Hi! My full name is Eduard Ereza Martínez and I am a software developer specialized in Android apps. In the past, I have worked on Java and PHP projects too. I currently live in Barcelona.
Education and experience
I completed Technical Engineering in Computer Science in 2007 at the University of Lleida.
On that same year, I started working in the software industry in Barcelona. I worked as a web developer for some years, and after that I entered the apps world.
Currently, I work as a freelance Android developer. I also maintain and evolve my own apps, keeping myself in contact with the latest technologies.
If you wish, you can check all the projects in which I have been involved. If you want to contact me for any business inquiry, please do so at: eduard[at]eduardereza.com.
I speak both Catalan and Spanish natively, and I have an advanced level of English.
I also have some very basic knowledge of Japanese, but not enough to mantain a conversation.
In the past, I have translated several applications from English to Spanish and Catalan as a hobby (i.e., MSN Messenger, Aegisub or some old-school videogames).
I have worked with the following programming tools, and I feel comfortable working with them:
- Programming languages: Java, PHP, Adobe Flex
- Mobile platforms: Android, BlackBerry runtime for Android apps.
- Databases: MySQL, PostreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle Database
- Application servers: Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS
- System administration: shell scripting, AWK, cron, Debian packaging system
I also have experience working with other specific applications:
- Office software: LibreOffice, Microsoft Office, Google Docs
- Image manipulation: The GIMP, Adobe Photoshop
- Vector graphics: Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator
- Video editors: VirtualDub, Avidemux, Avisynth
- Subtitling formats: (Advanced) SubStation Alpha, SubRip
I prefer to work with free open-source software when possible, but I’m not obsessed with it.
Apart from computers, my other hobbies are:
- Videogames: I am a true fan of the 16-bit era, and I own a quite big SNES PAL collection. However, that doesn’t mean that I don’t play newer games, which I obviously do!
- Astronomy: I feel amazed every time I look up in the sky at night. I really like space exploration.
- Manga and anime: Since I was young, I have liked these shows. Although lately I almost don’t read or watch any of them, I still enjoy them when I do.